16.1.12

a bit of an update


Firstly, we've all been enjoying the lack of rain and getting in the garden. 
Digging and building, gathering rocks...

and some have been climbing trees!


We've finished two beds, removing turf and pulling out tons of slate which we've used to build some walls. 
I'm so pleased we've made a start on the garden, well only the front for now as there are lots of foxgloves in the back and we're waiting to see what other treats might spring up back there.
We've now started on the third semi-circular bed and planned where we will put four square beds for veggies. 
I cannot wait for springtime!


I have also been making use of a lovely christmas present from my lovely friend Ashley.
It such a pretty mug hug, beautiful cable... and it works too.


After a spell of productivity outdoors we got hit with a very chilly frost!
I mean Brrrrrrrrrrr!
Though it did make for a pretty picture


I have also made another batch of chilli jam, this time with less vinegar and more chilli, and its really much nicer that the first lot I made! 
And just in time to give as a gift for some friends who have just moved to a lovely farmhouse down the road.


I have ALSO been assisting a man named Pete, a film maker and creator of Culture Colony.
We travelled to North Wales to document the opening of an exhibition of work by Wanda Zyborska and Glyn Davies.



I really loved being back in a gallery space, and listening to everyone's opinions and thoughs about the piece.



&&&&&
Jamz and I went to the Old Tannery in town, which is a space owned by the Museum of Modern Art in Wales, a beautiful building which is being transformed in to an art space. At the moment it is being used by artists with culture colony to exhibit work to the public.
We will be having our own exhibition here later in the year!!



 Lots of hugely exciting things to be getting on with. 
And I'm also looking forward to heading back to Dorset for a few days and seeing people I have been missing rather alot.



XXXXX

No comments:

Post a Comment