12.1.12

Bring in the New

We had a lovely Christmas, eating lots and enjoying the fire and some wonderful gifts 


(I've been LOVING the wool from my best friend Ashley, I've begun knitting squares for a blanket!)
 
and James and I went out to a party for New Years, 
which was so much fun, 
nice to remember that we can go out and have fun still! 
hahaahaa...
Hope everyone had a special festive season!

Recently, we've been savoring the infrequent breaks in the rain.
It seems to be a rare thing to see the sky at the moment! 


 We spent a little while at Clarach bay...
Enjoying the sky but not so much the freezing wind!


And seemingly blending into the surroundings!


Jamz mum has been in Cuba over the festive period, 
so we've had a few extra weeks to get her present sorted.
I decided to bite the bullet and actually use the leather which I got when I was living in Totnes and have looked at and put away so many times before.
Its so so nice, I just didn't want to destroy it!!

I made a couple of smallish bags, one of which will be a gift.



I love the bright colours
especially all together, and though I wasn't entirely sure about the pink to begin with, 
but I like it a little more now...
I ended up with a pretty bruised hand at the end of it, 
as once I start something and see it come together, I get a bit full on in order to have the final thing. 
I will try and slow it down a bit, less mistakes and all that...!



Today, after drawing up plans and deciding to gather rocks, 
we started our first bed in the garden!
The only plant in the front barely living is a sage which was left by the previous tennants, 
so we decided to give it a proper bed and start sorting things out so we can try and get stuff in to grow this year.



 We've got lots of ideas and its really exciting to get this going! 

This evening I'm making more Chilli Jam... Already!
xxxxxx




1 comment:

  1. I never realised you had written anymore posts, I swear it didn't come up on my feed!
    I'm so glad you like your wool, I wasn't sure if I was picking out the right colours.
    We're so looking forward to coming to yours for our visit, not long to go now! It's been beautiful sunshine here today so hopefully that'll be the case when we come to stay! :-)

    Love Ash xxxx

    ReplyDelete